Wednesday, December 29, 2010

BREAD!

Hey there!

Having multiple food sensitivities makes eating a challenge every single day. I try almost all the time to avoid gluten, dairy, refined sugar, vinegars, corn and most fruits except berries and apples or pears and  if I don't then I pay the price of feeling really crummy. More and more people are finding they are in the same boat and  have found there health improved when they eliminated these ingredients from their diet.  Whenever one eats something that they are sensitive or allergic too it causes an inflammatory reaction in the body which can lead to even worse things if you continually eat it and gluten is said to be the direct cause to many autoimmune diseases. Here's a tip, if you find yourself constantly clearing your throat and you don't have a cold, it is more than likely a reaction to gluten or dairy.



 Amy's gluten free pumpkin muffins
I have resorted to eating small dense expensive store bought buckwheat or quinoa  breads toasted with nut butters and have missed very much eating a nice sandwich.

I hope that today is the day that I can say NO MORE! My friend Tracey loaned me her breadmaker and I am as I type, waiting on a gluten free sandwich bread from Amy's Simply Sugar and Gluten Free blog to finish baking. This will be the second recipe I tried of Amy's, the first one was her pumpkin muffins and they were great!

I am also gearing up to make another wonderful recipe that Amy posted for gluten free coffee cake created by Kelly of The Spunky Coconut. I can't tell you how absolutely excited I am to feel good enough to have the energy to try some new wonderful recipes. Todd has also developed a sensitivity to gluten and dairy but doesn't avoid it and so my fingers are crossed that he will like this bread better than the store bought ones so I can get him off gluten for good.

If you are looking for a healthier way to eat then you must absolutely check out these incredible gals!
They are such an inspiration to me and I thank them from the bottom of my heart for sharing their recipes with us.
Oh and I will let you know how the bread turns out.

Hugs
Sandra

No comments: