Friday, December 31, 2010

A THOUGHT FOR THE OPENING YEAR


This is one of many pages of hand written poems and verses we found underneath the insulation in our
attic almost 10 years ago . I had kept them knowing I would do something
with them someday, frame them or bind them in a book. 



It lets me imagine a time when things were much much 
different in life, much simpler and it reminds me of 
what is important. It reads


A THOUGHT FOR THE OPENING YEAR

To be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to play, and to lift and to look up at the stars, to be satisfied with your possessions but not contented with yourself until you have made the best of them, to despise nothing in the world except falsehood and meanness and to fear nothing except cowardice, to be governed by your admirations rather than by your disgusts, to cover nothing that is your neighbours except his kindness of heart and gentleness of manner, to think seldom of your enemies, often of your friends and every day of Christ and to spend as much time as your can with body and spirit in God's out-of-doors. These are little Guide-posts on the foot path of peace.

Henry Van Dyke


To all the super duper blogging ladies who have the gift of good health I wish you a truly happy and joyous New Year! Thank you for being my inspiration. My dream is to join you one day in great accomplishments.

And to all who feels they are struggling, especially at this time of year when all others are celebrating and all you want to do is crawl into bed and not get out, please know that even if you do not know anyone else who feels as you do that you are not alone, I have been there  and that for every ailment whether it is of mind or body has a cause and you must  dig deep to find what that is and NOT GIVE UP and not  let anyone ever tell you it is in your head.

 I spent 5 long years thinking I was becoming less of a person, one who loss her passion for life  and was just plain old grumpy. I was NOT that person and neither are you.  I was getting sick from an ineffective synthetic thyroid drug that was slowly eroding my health.

Last year at this time I had such high hopes for myself that by the end of 2010 I would be 100 percent renewed and better. I am perhaps 50% on my way to 60% and I now know that it will maybe take another year or even more before I am all the way there.  I have learned so much about my health with the power of the internet opening all  the doors to my healing, along with the help of the incredibly wonderful women who have led the way on my yahoo groups and you can to.



Cheers to you all and may 2011 bring you health and happiness!

Sandra

No comments: