Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Good Bones


This may not be exciting to look at but it IS exciting to me!
You see there was much to address in our living room and Todd has had to practically rebuild this room.
For those who think that an old house is not a money pit, you are sadly mistaken. Yes there might be some century homes that are not but you never know what you have until the plaster is removed. I used to be a stickler for keeping the old plaster but after the nightmares we have seen once we removed it  I am glad we did. 



The floor has new plywood to make it the same level as the kitchen and we are trying to find a finished maple strip 
floor the same size as the kitchen floor for dirt cheap but so far our budget
option is to go with unfinished and finish it ourselves which I hate the thought
of but if it saves us $700.00 we'll do it.

I am waivering back and forth between a medium stained floor and natural maple. You see a lot of dark floors and they look nice but I find them high maintenance and if we get another dog I don't want to see scratches. 
If you could share with me your favourite floor colour, light, medium or dark and why that would be wonderful.











 You can see the plaster oozing between the lath from the hallway on the other side of the room.  

And no, I'm not trying to decorate the room before it's done, just needed somewhere to put my plant and my free table base.

Fingers crossed we will have drywall up before Christmas!




No comments: