Monday, January 23, 2012

Home Sense Splurge or Save?



It's a very very drizzly and unusually warm Monday on my day off. Monday's are my Sunday and I usually take it easier, tea, toast, a little morning TV before getting going on some things but yesterday I was out getting groceries while Todd worked on the living room and I did have  time to do a
 Home Sense visit.

I am surprised sometimes by the highish prices on some items but then there is always a bargain to be had if you know what you would pay for it somewhere else.

You can save on gorgeous large baskets. 


Definitely save on solid wood hand crafted stunning storage cabinets
at half of what they would cost if not more.



Beautiful details



Stunning in a bathroom, den, office or bedroom.

I'll take two thank you very much!




Save for sure on pillows and one of a kind lamps









\







I would not splurge on this coffee table because even though it  looks nice the top is actually  MDF.




I would say  this would be a bit of a splurge for me at $129.00 but think it is fantastic solid wood table with a  french provincial meets  country style.




This is another solid wood piece of fine craftsmanship and a great price.




This is the second time they have brought this piece in and I kicked myself the first
time as it is  the perfect size for our front hall, would give us needed storage for keys, phones etc and  at only 12" deep on the top and 44" wide would be the perfect fit.
I'm still mulling it over.



Solid wood construction


with great details on the sides








I did a little research and pleasantly discovered that this company employs local artisans to make their pieces, they replant trees to replace the ones they've harvested and they use only eco friendly finishes. 
I like that and it would make the decision  that much easier


Hope your week is off to a great one!



No comments: