Sunday, August 18, 2013

Muskoka Living




Hello!


A couple of weekends ago we took a drive for a day trip to visit Muskoka Living located in the gorgeous little cottage town of Port Carling.
When we pulled into the parking lot I couldn't wait to go see what was inside after seeing the gorgeous baskets and striped accessories outside.


And it did not disappoint!
The most amazing and unique pendant lanterns take your breath away and are scattered throughout the store. 


The overall colour scheme was shades of greys and creams in the main area with touches of amber toned woods which was so soothing and restful in spite of there being a lot of items displayed.




Another area was accented with shades of blue.


So many gorgeous pillows cleverly displayed. I would have easily snapped them up had they not been $169.00 and up.


and of course my absolute favourite that I covet, Dash and Albert rugs mixed in with natural woven rugs. 




Can you believe this coffee table is $2000.00!  
It certainly is a stunner though.



More beautiful pendants and custom furniture pieces in washed grey tones.


Greyed wicker and weathered wood lanterns were scattered throughout the elegant store creating the feeling of casual kick back cottage living.


I always shy away from black accents but this area really catches my eye and I adore that chandelier!
Most of the lamps were shades of white bases or blue or wood bases with white shades.


Faded florals juxtaposed against driftwood and sparkle, perfection!





I have never ever walked into a store that was the epitome of all I love down to every last detail. 
It truly is the Elte of cottage country which means that  I will just have to find the way to get the look for less. 

I hope you are enjoying your summer that seems to have whizzed by and if you are ever get a chance you simply must check out Muskoka Living in beautiful Port Carling.

2 comments:

Melissah from Coastal Style said...

What a divine store - you would have trouble dragging me out of there & my credit card would be well & truly drained by the end of the visit!
x
Melissah

Unknown said...

nice blog, I really appricate this.
As a General Contractor in Bracebridge  we know how our customers think and what might make them happy. They essentially need the best as far as quality and materials for as low as could reasonably be expected.